And the only thing I was thinking? I have a B.S. degree.
Why was this so funny to me? I'm not sure. I'm going to attribute it to the fact that I've spent 5 years learning about children and how they are sometimes childish and it was bound to rub off on me.
Or maybe I started childish.
But seriously, I am pretty excited to finally say I have a degree. I know I've been out of school for a while and I've been teaching for a year now, but now it's official!
The best part about graduation wasn't really the cap and gown and the diploma (even if I do look really good in a graduation cap). My sister (well, technically sister-in-law) threw me an amazing graduation celebration that took up the whole weekend and a lot of my family was able to come celebrate with me. Since my family's support and encouragement is a main reason I was able to finish school, it was only appropriate that they be there to share in the excitement of this achievement.
We started with girls night out! No girl's night is ever complete without a few makeovers, and every girl in the Savage family got one that night. Ash (a.k.a. the cosmetologenius) dyed, cut and styled hair while I did everyone's makeup. Then we headed out for a night on the town, well a night of fine Italian dining, Olive Garden. We had all my sisters there, my mom, Ash's mom, and of course Melin and her girls!

Saturday the whole family got together to have a hot dog feast. It was a blast to have everyone together, laughing and talking. I can't imagine a better way to celebrate! As we sat around eating and talking, I kept thinking of how much everyone there and so many others who weren't there had helped me get to this point in my life! I'm so grateful for such a strong, supportive family!
No comments:
Post a Comment